Marble is talking

 And sometimes not only marble. Have you ever noticed statues' silent words to us or towards each other? Yes? Then can you even imagine them mute? Me too. You enter the room and you can't get rid of a feeling that you're overhearing the dialog, then unwittingly becoming its new member. Isn't it one of the most fascinating parts of any museum experience?

Your eyes meet the carved eyes of the marble/concrete/steel/bronze/iron man, and you find yourself listening to his story, so included that it's hard (and rude) not to linger for a moment next to your new acquaintance and not listen to the end.


"Hey, you have a nice arse!"
"Yeah, girl, he definitely does, I'm with you."


"I'm bored. Shall we get out of here?"
"Sure. Just let's help this lady."


"Excuse me, ma'am? Do you need directions?"


"I hear some noise within..."


"Don't move!"
"But..."
"You'll spoil the scene!"

Just kidding. But I love the idea of interaction with art in the most various ways. I personally have a collection of dramatic, tender, euphoric, scary, exciting parts of marble statues, no less expressive than the language of a living actor in Shakespeare's theatre. But I also caught the moments when museum visitors became part of the scene.
Not let me just leave these explicit and veiled emotions, well-known and well-forgotten plots here. Enjoy the first part of the masterpieces from Victoria&Albert museum of art in London.


















Comments

Popular Posts